Thursday 2 May 2013

Bout of Books Read-a-thon 13th-19th May 2013


Bout of Books

I haven't been setting myself much in the way of reading challenges in 2o13, choosing quality of reading experience over quantity of books or pages read. But my to-read pile is building up faster than I'm reading it, and as an attempt to get it back down to a manageable level I've decided to put devote my free time in the week after next to the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon: an excuse to read, blog and snack to my heart's content in the company of people across the globe. Bout of Books will be my first online read-a-thon, and I'm getting very excited about it.

From the Bout of Books website:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
- From the Bout of Books team

I don't expect to read a huge amount during this given week as I will be working full-time from Monday to Thursday and Saturday, but, again, quality is better than quantity. How many hours are lost forever on the Twitter-Tumblr-Facebook Bermuda Triangle, when I could be reading a good book? I dread to think what the answer to that may be!

How many of my readers will be taking part in the Bout of Books read-a-thon this year?

4 comments:

  1. Me me me me me! *hops up and down with great excitement* I'm working all week too, except Tuesday, so I'm not going to be reading THAT much really. I just like the fact that the read-a-thon is a gentle prompt to keep going back to my book during my free moments instead of spending two hours mucking about on the internet when I'd only popped on to check the weather forecast... (You know how it is!) Also, the challenges are kinda fun to play with at work if it's too noisy in here to read. Roll on 13th! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited that we're your first online read-a-thon!

    Glad you're joining us! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be working all week too and I think it's book group week (it's ALWAYS book group week during out of Books).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will *definitely* be taking part. Actually, if I wasn't writing this comment, I'd probably be writing my sign-up post! I don't usually get a huge page count either because I'll be working Monday to Friday and then I know that I'm going out for a family birthday thing on Saturday night (which may well strike out Sunday morning too...:-/) BUT it's the thought that counts, right? I've been spending this whole year so far trying to focus on quality like you and it's been doing wonders for my enjoyment of reading but not so much for the piles of books surrounding me...

    ANYway, I'm super excited and can't wait to spend the week chit-chatting with other bloggers about books! I mean, reading...*ahem*...

    ReplyDelete

Come and say hello! I don't bite (well, except at the full moon...)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...